USA is one of the most preferred locations to many international students for getting an online degree. This is because of the advanced education system of the US, popularity and reputation of the online colleges. USA has wide variety of online degrees and online colleges to choose from. Online degree becomes the best option to the international students who wants to get education from USA but travelling and staying there is a problem and costly.
With online education concept, students out USA can also get the opportunity to enroll in a top tier educational institute and get a degree to fulfill their dream.
There are some online programs which do not require you to be present in the campus even for a couple of days or months. You can completely get your online degree own location.
You can get an associate, bachelor, master or even doctoral degree online from USA. Before enrolling to an online college you need to verify the criteria for international students of that online college. For some online colleges, you need to pass IELTS or TOEFL exam as well. You also need to evaluate the true cost of an online degree
Here are some of the best online colleges for international students
- California State University – It was founded in 1949. Every year good amount of international students get enrolled here. This university offers online programs in the areas of Mathematics, Business Administration, and Engineering etc.
- Alcorn State University, Mississippi – It a very well known university for international students. It was established in 1871. It offers large number of online programs for international students.
- Boston University – The University offers bachelor, master as well as doctoral degree. It also offers several certificate programs. It is a highly reputed university and a degree from this university is highly accepted.
- University of the People – It is a nonprofit free university. There is no tuition fee though there are some assessment fees. As it is a free university, number of international students is high here.
- Minot State University, North Dakota – Lot of international students choose this university for their online degree. It was founded in 1913. It offers many online programs to choose from.
How to choose an online degree?
If you are thinking to get an online degree you need read through the article. Doing an online degree is a major step in your career and you need to ensure that you choose the right degree and right college as per your career goal. There is lot of investment of money and time and you need to ensure that it is well utilized.
First you have to decide what the degree that you want to avail is
Next you need to think which is college that is best suitable for your selected degree. There is couple of factors that you need to encounter while selecting an online college.
- Accreditation – You need to ensure that your selected online college provides the degree that meets the quality standard. The best way to verify that is to know whether your college is well accredited or not. There are two types of accreditation; Institution level accreditation and program level accreditation. Institutional level accreditation is of two types; regional and national. Accreditation also determines the eligibility to be participating in state and federal financial aid programs. Regional accreditation is most famous and largely accepted in the United States.
- Reputation of the college
- Job Placement
- Does it accepts transfer of credits
- Online support